Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time for a Tune-Up




The sun is shining! We have breakfast and prepare our bikes. Cookie cleans up his, I attach all my tchotckkeys, front and rear rack, side mirrors, water bottle cage, and GPS. Looking good!

The children are leaving and all wave to me and thank me again for the stories. (see pic of us)

We head for the center of town, run a few errands, window shop a bit, then we are off on our tune-up ride.

Did I tell you that I LOVE MY NEW BIKE? Our ride is twelve miles round trip to Woodford and back. A pleasant ride with only a few small, little hills. This is the first time I have done this ride and not had to get off to WALK up the hills. I LOVE THIS BIKE! It is a beautifull day and we are riding. Nice and easy riding.

Here is a picture of Cookie riding ahead through a tunnel arch of trees. Later we encounter a pack of lazy sheep. "Bah ram ewe, bah ram ewe, to your breed your clan be true!" They do not reply to my bleating entreaty. I can't understand why.

We return to town refreshed and delighted at tuning up. The afternoon is spent working on the bikes, and I am making a camp table for Cookie. I made one for myself last year, my own design, weighs about one pound, is adjustable in height and packs small. Cookie has the advantage of getting a new one with the kinks worked out.

Dinner for me is a lamb burger and green beans with sauted red onion. The lamb is quite good here - home grown. Mmmmmm.

The Festival starts tomorrow. Cookie is a volunteer "steward" this year. He will be working several of the venues. The opening tomorrow night purports to be a marvelous show of airial acrobatics and performances. You can trust that I will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.