Saturday, May 21, 2011

Time for a Tune-up PLUS!

Friday - May 20

Today we leave the YHA and head for the campground. After breakfast, we organize all of our gear and pack the bikes. This is always amazing to me. We have a TON of gear...well, 50 pounds each. I have two paniers (bike saddle bags) a front handlebar bag and a "trunk bag" that sits on the back rack. I am not sure how I do it, but I manage to get everything in those bags. Oh yeah, and my backpack.

Now the bike handles quite differently with all that weight! Just geting on and off can be very dangerous. We head out, and as it is a little early to check in at the campground, I make a suggestion to Cookie. "Why don't we take the circuit to Woodford with the bikes loded and do a REAL tune-up." Damn. Cookie says "Yes." What was I thinking?

It was a good ride. I did have to get off and walk up one hill, but I expected that. All in all, a good ride.

We arrive at the campground and are welcomed by the hosts, Wendy and Nigel. They have become old friends of "the Americans". We set up tents in our usual spot and then it is back to town. Cookie is volunteering at the festival this afternoon and this evening for the big opening. I run some errands in town and then we meet up at the Kings Head for dinner.

The festival opening is a marvelous suspended acrobatic act from Argentina called Voala! I have uploaded a short video, but it really doesn't do justice to the act. There is nothing quite like gorgeous ladies doing acrobatic feats. Oh yeah, the guys are OK too.


Back to the campground and the first night in the tent. Ahh. . . love the sleeping pad and bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.