Friday, May 27, 2011

Cambridge




More Monday - May 23

After school, Linda and I drive to Bury St. Edmonds, sight of a historic abbey where St. Edmonds is buried (of course). There is a lovely rose garden among the many half-shells of buildings raized by citizens hundreds of years ago.

After feeling a bit isolated days earlier, I have decided I need to buy a phone, just for peace of mind. Five pounds for the phone and ten for the sim card. Can't go wrong there.

We return home to a great meal of grilled steak. Linda has been most gracious with the shuttling, sightseeing and meals!

TUESDAY - May 24

I have had a wonderful time telling stories to the children. Today, Linda has a workshop to attend. I sit in the library at the base and blog.

Afterwords, we drive to Cambridge for some more sightseeing. There are bikes and riders everywhere. I think this is a taste of things to come in Amsterdam. I am pictured here, in front of King's college, the largest of the colleges in Cambridge. Also, a pic of bikes lining the street. We have a nice dinner of MILD chicken curry, then Linda drives me to Harwich, the port where the ferry is, and we say our goodbys.

The crossing is a pleasant and uneventful, just the way I like it. Tomorrow I will awake in Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.