Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Day - New Bike!

May 18

I love it! So I went to a different bike shop this morning and they had a great bike. It was somewhat more than what I saw at the other shop yesterday - more money, but way more bike. So I bit the bullet and bought it. So happy I did. It will take care of me for the next 28 days! Will post a picture later.

The whole incident reminds me of the bike I bought in Phoenix just over two years ago. Three days after I bought it, I parked it outside of a bike store near my home. After browsing for five minutes, I looked outside and it was gone! I stormed home and barely held back my tears. The next day I went back to REI and purchased an identical bike. Needless to say, the salesman was perplexed. I call this new one, "The Twin."

Don't have a name for the one here in England yet. We'll see.

Another long day, walking back and forth before the bike is ready. Going to Poundland (the Brit's version of the Dollar store). One has to be careful here. The pound equals $1.62 American. One can get lulled into thinking it is "just a dollar." Then, before you know it, 20 pounds actually equals $32.40! Tchotchkeys don't come cheap!

Having some difficulty uploading to the blog. My new Tablet is small, but appears that it has some limitations.
I am off to bed and will post again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.