Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Calm After the Storm

Monday - June 13

A good night's sleep can do wonders! And a good breakfast too.

Having been restored to my former self, it is time to attempt to restore the bike. The bike store must order a wheel and they should have it tomorrow. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, Cookie and I transfer to the YHA. He rides over with his bags first, then I take his bike back to the hotel and load my bags on and ride over. We check in and head for. . .that's right. . .the King's Head for lunch and internet.

After lunch, I go to the train station to check schedules and buy my ticket for the  Wednesday morning train to the airport. Then I do a little wandering about town, looking for a new place to possibly store my bike. The are a few options, but I may need to just use the train station again. I do have a better lock and big, heavy chain now. We'll see.

Okay, this time I took the picture BEFORE I ate dinner: salad, lemon shrimp over rice, green beans with red onions, and ciabatta bread. Admittedly, I cooked in the YHA kitchen, but could have done this on the trail as well. I only used my pot and my pan.

Tomorrow is day 31 of my "holiday trip". I hope the bike can get fixed, and I am looking forward to one more day in Salisbury before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.