Friday, June 6, 2008

My First Blog


The title says it all. I have now entered the realm of blogging.

I am pretty tech savvy, but for some reason I resisted setting up a blog. I have had several websites over the years and could have just as easily uploaded my own articles, poems, and thoughts, etc. I have always been someone who wants to “do it myself.”

Instead of hiring a plumber, I would buy the tools and equipment and attempt to fix it myself. This, of course, cost me way more than simply paying a plumber, and also took me far more time to fix things than a professional would have. But in the end I was able to say, “I did it!” Since this site is free, and extremely easy to use, I resisted the temptation, and here we are.

I also have a friend, Carl, who has been blogging. Posting some random thoughts, and periodic news about his journey to England. The process is very interesting. In addition, I believe it will force me to do more writing. I have been writing poems and short essays for many years now, but have only shared them with friends and family. This opens up a whole new avenue that I am excited about.

That’s all for now. I will continue the process soon.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.