Friday, May 28, 2010

Last Day In Salisbury Falls Flat

Friday – May 28

Not the day actually, but my bike. I went 18 days without any problems, and then on the last day get a flat tire. I was headed for the YHA and all of a sudden, pssst. So, a stop in the middle of Market Square to replace the tube took about 45 minutes (it was the back tire).

As I have said before. These Brits love to talk. An elderly lady walking with a cane stops and says, “Oh, I can't do that anymore. In my younger days I would cycle everywhere. Oh, that was a treat. Can't get around on one now.” Later, and elder gentleman stopped and said, “Road repairs, eh? That's a bit of work. Well, good luck to you.” Any chance for a conversation, even someone fixing a flat.

With two conversations, I fixed the flat and went on my way, checked into the Y and then we went to hear more of the Salisbury stories read at the cathedral. The teller (reader) was quite good today, more animated than yesterday's.

We are back at the King's Head Inn, having our last supper (?) together. We will see a comedy show tonight and then in the morning, I head for Heathrow and the flight home. I suspect that I will post some sort of epilogue to this year's trip, but suffice it to say that I had a great time! Thanks to Heidi and all the gang at work for allowing me to muck about England and France for almost three weeks.

The stories will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.